Wednesday, June 4, 2008

tuesday night turkey meatballs


Meatballs.
How I love thee... and the ease with which you manage to top off my boring leftovers so appropriately on a typical weeknight.
I had leftover vegetables from Sunday dinner, a can of good quality spaghetti sauce, and about a pound and a half of ground turkey. What was I to do?
( aside from go out to eat) Make meatballs, duh.

In my mortar I combined 1 Tablespoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried fennel, 1 teaspoon garlic granules,1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne. I mashed all this up until the fennel was broken down nicely and I added it to my turkey along with 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 egg, and 1 Tablespoon chicken stock. ( I actually used no-chicken chicken stock which we seem to have in the house often now that Isabelle is a vegetarian)

I mixed until well combined,( I confess that I at times ask Ash do this because my hands get too cold and I always end up touching the faucet in an attempt to warm my freezing meat fingers, and poultry faucet is gross, you know?) form into little balls and cook at 375 for about 30 minutes. check one about 20 minutes in to be sure you're not over cooking.

Add these to whatever you want.

yum!

<3
jamey

No comments: