Wednesday, July 9, 2008

chicken milanese as promised.


Summertime is busy. In the slowest possible way, it is just plain busy. I find myself having less time for everything. ( Mostly just blogging, I appear to be attempting an apology for my absence.)
Without further ado, I would like to present my version of chicken milanese. I guess I will break this recipe into two parts, as it is a two part meal and you can determine your best timing instead of using mine.
The beautiful greens soaking in my kitchen sink are spinach from last Thursday's downtown farmers market. I let them soak for about a half an hour while I get the rest of my stuff going and then have Ash play salad spinner in the backyard. (That last line was a subtle gift suggestion just in case anyone is reading. ) My vinagrette is 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup white wine, one finely diced shallot, (or red onion), salt, pepper, and a dash of red pepper flakes. Taste it as you work and adjust your flavors accordingly. To be honest these measurements are a guess because I always forget to measure. Whisk it all up and mix in your spinach just before you serve under the chicken . Okay! moving on...

I used panko this time instead of traditional bread crumbs and I do not think I will be going back.
I pour a box onto a baking sheet and mix it up with 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne and toast it all in the oven for a few minutes at 425. Check this often and mix up as the top layer toasts up. Remove from oven and place at the end of your dredging line. My dredging line goes in this order, chicken breasts cut thin and pounded flat (washed, trimmed, and patted dry), flour seasoned with salt, pepper, and cayenne, two eggs whisked with fork, our delicious toasted panko, and baking sheet.
I use one hand for all of this so I have a second unchickened hand to handle the incredibly difficult job of opening the oven and baking the chicken, without turning, at 375 for about 15 minutes or until done.
At which point you serve it with the spinach you have lovingly made and weep when its gone. Like Ethan did:


<3,
jamey

3 comments:

annie bananie said...

this looks like the perfect dinner for some kind of celebration... like, say, a birthday?

i mean, i could be wrong... but i'm not.

:)

Anonymous said...

Chef Ramsey , eat your heart out.

Greg said...

Do you ever stop and think that maybe I am your favorite person in the whole world?