Thursday, July 10, 2008

a dessert made of beer that i stole


To celebrate the fourth of July, I stole this recipe for beer slush from a blog I came across called " Thursday Night Smackdown." (I will link it just as soon as I figure out how.) I bought a bottle of Lindemans Framboise raspberry lambic beer ( a wonderful belgian fruit beer) and poured it into a glass 9 x 13. I stuck this in the freezer and stirred it about every 45 minutes to an hour or so for about 4 hours. Once I had a lovely red slush I plated and topped it with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, shredded spearmint, fresh raspberries, and a sprinkle of lavender chocolate I had left over from a cake I made.
You will not understand how good this is until you try it.
James had two bowls...and not just because it was beer. The kids of course had to settle for the ice cream alone, but I don't think they minded much.
<3,
jamey

p.s.
You can safely assume the picture is a bit off because I had indeed been testing this dessert through out the day.

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

Jamey, I love you. Who knew you were so freaking talented. When are you going to invite me over for food?