Wednesday, October 22, 2008

herbfarm beatdown




Miss me? I missed you, I did indeed. I haven't been challenging myself much lately due to the insane cost of food let alone new and exciting ingredients. That coupled with the guilt that I feel because I didn't can or freeze ANYTHING this year, has me feeling pretty frugal and something else I can't quite name- contrite? Maybe... So, anyway, I battled that crappy Herbfarm recipe. As you can tell from the pictures I beat its ass. I put it down soundly. I made it weep little Herbfarm tears. Boo hoo hoo.
I swear it cried all the way home.

I'd love to tell you how but it was awhile ago and I can't remember. It was good though.
See?

( If even one of you someday choose to take me up on my offer to please, pretty please change the original recipe from the previous post and post it here on my blog ...I too will post my new recipe. I was hoping for a fun and exciting game damnit. I know there are at least two of you out there.)

So lets, see...what else have I been up too? OH! This:

I have a link to the right for a site called "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" and its amazing. That's exactly what I have been doing. Making fresh bread for my family every single day. Its really makes for perfectly cozy fall time house smells. The goal is to eventually eliminate the need to buy bread at the market, period. So far we seem to have a hard time making the loaves last long enough to use them for sammiches. But I did manage to get a few croutons one day.
Speaking of...Its time for soups isn't it? Hmmmmmm....

I'll see you guys soon.
<3,
jamey

1 comment:

Marcus said...

You taught me to write 'sammich'. I can't write 'sandwich' now. It just sounds funny.

This blog makes me want to cook. Danna takes the culinary wheel in this house, though. Even when I'm in the driver's seat, she either backseat drives or grabs the utensil and takes over. A small price to pay for such a great lady...anyway, all this is just to say I am enjoying the blog.