Wednesday, November 12, 2008

on pork

I understand that we were all raised with pork fear.
I know that you were told you'd get worms if your other white meat was even sort of undercooked. Click on this link and pay close attention to the freezing instructions.
This works really well for my family because we buy our meat in bulk locally and have to freeze it in dinner sized portions.



I cook my pork to 150-155 degrees and let it rest for about 10 minutes under some foil. It generally adds about 3-7 more degrees during this rest period leaving me with a juicy tender piece of pork instead of a tough overcooked hunk of yuck. Please don't be afraid. You are really, really selling yourselves short.

Okay, that said...if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some cougar meat, hit me up.

<3,
jamey

1 comment:

Greg said...

I was at this bar and this cougar was totally hitting on me...Maybe we can do a hellraiser kindof thing and i'll take her to your place and whack bam boom COUGAR meat!

You know that all a lie..right?