Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a day in the life...

The middle school is having a fundraiser. Which is nothing new if you know us. The kids go to a public k-8 Montessori school. They are getting an amazing opportunity and education for free...well, almost. The middle school addition is only in its 3rd year. I now have two kids attending and the whole damn business needs some cash to get going. So we raise funds. Its worth it really, the 7th and 8th grade trips are going to be really inspiring and leadership camp is something that everyone should be forced to attend, but I digress. Or do I? Whatever. On Friday there will be a holiday craft fair. This gives the kids and families a chance to make, buy, or sell items from other families or local vendors. This includes for the first time ever in my 13 years as a parent: A FUCKING BAKE SALE!!! I love bake sales. I love baking... I love selling. Its really a perfect venue for me.
I spent yesterday finishing up some handmade brooches for the vendor table we rented. I could post a picture, but this is a cooking blog, not a super cool dinosaur in a nest of glass beads brooch blog, is it... Nope! So, anyway, today I baked and confected. What is confected you ask? That would be the word I made up to describe my act of making confections...truffles to be exact.
I made them from this delightful book.

They looked like this...



and this...


After I had those setting up and waiting to be rolled, I made some bread for Ash and myself to eat for lunch. My Husband comes home everyday for lunch, did you know that? Even though it cuts his one hour lunch down to 20 minutes because he's a walker...he still comes home. I made two loaves today. One for us to split for lunch and one for dinner. They looked like this...


So he came and went and I moped about like I usually do for about 20 minutes after he left and then I made these... from a recipe I read at Minimally Invasive. They looked like this...



Only less blurry of course. So now I am off to make dinner. Which I probably won't share with you because I will be too damn tired.
<3,
jamey

No comments: