Wednesday, February 18, 2009

eff you fingerling potatoes


I don't know if I've ever mentioned how much my dearest Ash hates potatoes.
He does. It had been totally cramping my style for like 5 years and I had enough.
Costco had beautiful fingerling potatoes and I couldn't help myself. I had actually walked past them during two other trips and asked the tater hater, ( yeah...i said it) if he wanted them and he was so violently vehement in his no's that I passed them by.
I thought about them so much I couldn't take it.I made demands and went back and they came home with me.
Now, this is by no means a special or even interesting recipe other than the fact that it was one that everyone liked and ate despite their feelings on the starchy bastards.
I marinated the fingerlings in olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper, red pepper flakes and fresh thyme. (Which I had put in a bottle the night before...and it was funny.)



I laid them out all single layered and cooked them alongside the meatloaf at 375 for about 45 minutes.
I put a bunch on his plate. I watched while he took his first bite...I watched while he took his second bite...by the third bite when he smiling at me sheepishly, I proclaimed, "Fuck you! I knew it!" Hence the name. Eff you fingerling potatoes will be around more often. You can count on that.
I would like to show you a roasty toasty picture of them but I can't.
We ate them.
<3,
jamey

5 comments:

Ryan (LWM) said...

I think potatoes have lost all sense of decency. It's ridiculous.

jamey r said...

like i said... i couldn't get them outta my mind.

TJ said...

I puffy heart potatoes. I love the little yukon gold ones. mmm

I loved reading your blog...you crack me up! :)

Keep up the good work, and the tasty dishes!

:)tj

tjstestkitchen.blogspot.com

TJ said...

I puffy heart potatoes. I love the little yukon gold ones. mmm

I loved reading your blog...you crack me up! :)

Keep up the good work, and the tasty dishes!

:)tj

tjstestkitchen.blogspot.com

WA said...

Yeah, that's right. Give him the finger. Lings.